1. Our Commitment to Privacy
At Dental Wings Inc. and its affiliates (“Dental Wings”) we are committed to protecting the privacy and security of the personal information, which you may provide to us or that we may obtain in the course of our relationship with you. This Dental Wings privacy notice (“Privacy Notice”) describes the type of personal information we may collect, use and share, the manner in which we do so, and how we protect it. It is consistent with our commitment to providing you with a satisfying and helpful shopping experience. By using the www.dentalwings.com website or the www.codiagnostix.com website (the “Websites”), you accept the privacy practices presented in this Privacy Notice. We encourage you to read this Privacy Notice in full to understand our privacy practices before using the Websites or submitting any personal information.
This Privacy Notice applies only to the www.dentalwings.com and the www.codiagnostix.com websites. Dental Wings affiliates and subsidiaries may have separate websites, sub-domains, and services through other web, mobile, or cloud platforms that are not subject to this Privacy Notice. Additionally, Dental Wings business partners, ad networks, and other third parties have their own websites and services with separate privacy practices. We encourage you to read the privacy notices of all websites, portals, and applications that you visit to understand their privacy practices.
For supporting information on how Dental Wings products collect, use, share and protect personal information, see Dental Wings Data Protection FAQs.
3. What Is Personal Information?
Throughout this Privacy Notice, we use the term “personal information”. Personal information is equivalent to similar terms used in different regulations, such as “personally identifiable information (PII)” and “personal data.” In this Privacy Notice, Personal information refers to any information that identifies an individual, or can reasonably be used to identify an individual, directly or indirectly, and which is accessed, collected or used by Dental Wings through the Websites.
4. What Type of Personal Information Do We Collect?
When you use the Websites, we may collect personal information about you. Personal information may be collected when you make a physical purchase, visit one of our sites or provide us with any personal information. Personal information may also be collected online when you make a purchase, apply for credit, voluntarily register with us, or update your existing profile, receive catalogs, newsletters or emails, use communication services, answer surveys, fill forms, enter contests or other promotional opportunities, or make other submissions through our sites. We may also collect personal information from third parties to whom you have provided same.
The personal information we may collect with your prior consent, where required by law, includes but is not limited to:
- Your name, age, date of birth and contact information, including your email, postal address and telephone number;
- If you apply for a position with us, we may collect information regarding your education and professional qualifications, past and present employment and references;
- If you order products, we may collect financial information, credit card information, credit reports, product preferences and order history;
- By using our Websites, we may collect user behavioral information;
- Information about you that you share or make visible on the Internet. We may combine such information with information we already have about you.
We may collect non-personal information and it may be aggregated with other information. If we combine your non-personal information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information.
You do not have to provide us with this information if you do not want to; however, that may limit your ability to use certain functions or to request certain services or information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
We use various technologies to collect personal information about visitors to our Websites. These technologies include the following:
- Web Server Logs
- As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information may include IP addresses, browser type, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp and/or clickstream data.
- Cookies & Web Beacons
- We also use web beacons, which are small strings of code that are placed in a website page or in an email message. They are sometimes called “clear GIFs” (Graphics Interchange Format) or “pixel tags”. When you visit a particular page, web beacons notify us of your visit. Since web beacons are used in combination with cookies, if you disable cookies, then the web beacons will only detect an anonymous site visit. When used in an email, web beacons enable us to know whether you have received the email.
- The site uses Google Analytics, a Google Inc. (“Google”) provided web analysis service. Google Analytics uses “cookies” – small text files stored on your hard drive to enable an analysis of your use of the site. Cookies-generated information concerning your use of the site is transmitted to and stored on one of Google’s servers in the US. However, by activation of the IP anonymization on this site, your IP address will be abbreviated beforehand by Google within Member States of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases is the complete IP address transmitted to a Google server in the US and abbreviated there. On behalf of this site’s operator, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the site, compiling site activity reports and providing the site’s operator with further site and Internet related services. The abbreviated IP address transmitted in the context of Google Analytics by your browser is not associated with any other data held by Google. Additionally you can prevent the cookie-generated data concerning your use of the site, including your abbreviated IP address, from being transferred and processed by Google by downloading and installing the browser plugin available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en
- Other Tracking Technologies
- We and our subsidiaries, business partners, marketing partners, affiliates, or other service providers may also use technologies such as Matomo Analytics (https://matomo.org) to help us evaluate your use of the site, compiling site activity reports and providing the site’s operator with further site and Internet related services. We may receive reports based on the use of tracking technologies on an individual and aggregated basis.
How We Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals
Some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature. This feature allows you to tell websites you visit that you do not want to have your online activity tracked over time and across websites. These features are not yet uniform across browsers. The Websites is not currently set up to respond to those signals.
5. Why We Collect Personal Information
We collect, process, use, and store personal information based on legitimate interests to communicate with you about our products, promotions, contests, to protect you and us from error and fraud, to process your requests or orders, to fulfill contracts or provide services to you, to keep track of and analyze your purchases, transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, payment history, or to assess your creditworthiness. We may also use personal information to make offers to you, to help us target specific products to you, and to help us develop and improve our offerings and tailor them to your interests.
Mandatory data may be required by law (e.g. tax law, regulations related to medical devices, and others) or contract. Such personal information is collected, processed, stored, used, and disclosed according to applicable legal stipulations.
Unless we are required by law to collect, process, store or disclose certain personal information, disclosure of your personal information is voluntary. However, depending on the specific circumstances, a non-provision of information may result in the stated purposes not being reached, requested services not being delivered, or the contract not being fulfilled.
6. Sharing Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent personal information. However, we may share some of your personal information within our corporate family in the normal course of business or for the purpose your personal information was intended, or we may transfer your personal information to third party service providers who assist us in serving you, such as vendors, suppliers, and agents. However, we require them to protect your information in a manner consistent with our Privacy Notice. Our affiliated companies and service providers may be located outside Canada, the European Union, or China and so may be required to disclose personal information under the laws of their jurisdiction.
Dental Wings may also need to share information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of Dental Wings if we have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of that information is reasonably necessary to:
- Meet applicable laws, regulations, legal processes, or enforceable governmental requests;
- Enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations;
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues
Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users, Dental Wings, or the public as required or permitted by law;
- Engage in a merger, acquisition, reorganization, or sale of all or a portion of Dental Wings assets.
Where appropriate or legally required, we will collect, process, use, store, or disclose your personal information with your knowledge and consent. The method of obtaining consent depends on the circumstances and may be oral or written, express or implied. Implied consent is obtained in a number of ways, including where a customer relationship already exists, express consent has previously been given, or the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
8. Your Rights
You can contact us directly any time through the address listed in the Contact Information section below to update your personal information or make another type of request regarding the information you know or believe Dental Wings holds about you. Here are some rights that you may have according to where you are located:
- Subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive information about, and review in person, or obtain copies of, the personal information we maintain about you. We may charge you a reasonable fee as allowed by law to obtain this information.
- Accuracy, Amendment or Deletion
- We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as necessary and reasonably possible for the purposes for which it is to be used. Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request that we amend or delete your personal information. In circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureau).
- Disclosure Accounting
- Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request and receive a list of certain disclosures made of your personal information. If you request this list more than once in a 12-month period, we may charge you a reasonable fee as allowed by law to respond to any additional request.
- Use/Disclosure Restriction or Objection
- Subject to applicable law, you have the right to request we restrict our use or disclosure of your personal information for certain purposes. You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. We may not be required to agree to a requested restriction or objection. We will agree to restrict use, or disclosure of, your personal information, provided the law allows it and we determine, the restriction does not impact our ability to operate our business, provide diagnostic services, and comply with the law. Subject to applicable law, even when we agree to a restriction request, we may still disclose your personal information in a medical emergency and use or disclose your personal information for public health, safety and other similar public benefit purposes permitted or required by law.
- Withdraw Consent
- You may change or withdraw your consent at any time, on reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions. We will inform you of the implications of doing so. To change or withdraw your consent, please refer to the Contacting Us section below. However, any such withdrawal or restriction of permission shall not affect the legitimacy of data collection, processing, use, disclosure and/or storage based on previous consent and done up to the date of such withdrawal or restriction.
- Automated Decision-Making
- Subject to applicable law, if at any time, the Websites use automated decision making to process personal information, you have the right to object to the use of your personal information.
- Data Portability
- Subject to applicable law, you have the right to receive your personal information in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances by local law requirements.
Dental Wings shall provide you with a response to any such request(s) without undue delay and in any event within 30 days of receipt of the request. That period may be extended by 30 days where necessary, taking into account the complexity and number of request(s). Dental Wings shall inform you of any such extension within 30 days of receipt of the request, together with the reason(s) for the delay. If you make the request by electronic-form means, the information shall be provided by electronic means where possible, unless otherwise requested by you in written documentation.
You can also exercise the rights listed above at any time by going to the contact information at the bottom of this notice.
If your request or concern is not satisfactorily resolved by us, you may approach your local data protection or privacy regulator.
We will retain your personal information to meet our contractual obligations to you and for as long as your account is active, is reasonably useful for commercial purposes, or as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We may also retain aggregate information beyond this time for research purposes and to help us develop and improve our services. You cannot be identified from aggregate information retained or used for these purposes.
10. Social Media Connection
11. Safeguards and Accountability
As a provider of services and technology to the healthcare industry, Dental Wings has implemented programs to address the privacy and security requirements aimed at protecting personal information.
Dental Wings has established appropriate physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the personal information we collect from or about our users. We will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards and safety measures, whether recorded on paper or captured electronically, against unauthorized access, disclosure, or misuse. For example, electronic records are stored in secure, limited-access servers; we employ technological tools like firewalls and passwords. We ensure our employees are trained on the importance of maintaining the security and confidentiality of personal information. We also restrict access to personal information to Dental Wings employees, contractors, and agents who need to know the information to process it for us, and who are subject to confidentiality obligations. Any sensitive personal information (e.g., credit / debit card number) will be transmitted in an encrypted form using SSL encryption. Notwithstanding our security safeguards, it is impossible to guarantee 100% security in all circumstances. If you have any questions about security or have reason to believe your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, you feel the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us at [email protected].
It is your responsibility to delete or remove any personal information from a product before returning it, as Dental Wings is not responsible for any use by a third party of personal information left behind on a returned item.
12. Cross-Border Transfer of Information
When you use the Websites, your personal information may be transferred to another country where we or our service providers operate, including the United States. These countries may have different data protection standards and privacy laws from your country of residence, but we will transfer and protect your personal information lawfully and in accordance to this Privacy Notice. We will have proper contracts or legal mechanisms in place (such as data protection agreements, Standard Contractual Clauses, EU-U.S. Privacy Shield, etc.) prior to transferring personal information to another country
We reserve the right to update our privacy Notice at any time in order to accommodate changes in our services, changes in technology as well as legal developments. If we make changes to this notice, we will update the date at the end of this notice. Each time you submit personal information or use our services, you agree to be bound by the current terms of our Privacy Notice.
14. Data Protection Officer Contact Information
If you have any questions or concerns, or wish to modify or withdraw your consent, or to correct, transfer, or delete any or all personal information we may have collected from you, contact our data protection officer:
Dental Wings Inc.
Data Protection Officer
2251, ave Letourneux,
Montreal, Quebec (Canada) H1V 2N9
Email: [email protected]
Last updated: March 8, 2019